NOTE: AN ACTIVATION FEE OF $100 WILL BE CHARGED THE FIRST YEAR.
I attest that the foregoing responses to the statement itemized above are true and correct. I understand that if by initialing above, I have made any false or misleading statements as to my qualification to own, possess or control a firearm in the state of Nevada, my membership in, and right to use, the facilities of DSRPC shall be revoked.
The above named youth has my permission to apply and my consent to become a member of DSRPC.
This release form is a contract with legal consequences. Read it before signing.
In consideration of the acceptance of my application for entry in Desert Sportsman Riffle & Pistol Club Inc., I hereby freely agree to and make the following contractual representations and agreements.
I acknowledge that, as a fireman owner, I fully realize the dangers of participating in firearm related events, and not limitaion, the following:
- The danger of death or injury from flying fragments and bullet ricochets; and/or
- The danger of death or injury arising from gunshot wounds, whether inflicted by myself or another person; and/or
- The danger of death or injury from overcharged ammunition or firearm malfunction
I acknowledge the right of the range office and/or match director to terminate my participation immediately upon any failure of mine to comply with the rules of the range or competition and the directions of the range office and/or match director. I agree that it is my responsibility alone to be familiar & comply with all applicable rules.
I hereby waive, release and discharge for myself, my heirs, executors, administrator, legal representatives, assigns, and successor in interest (hereinafter collectively "successors") any and all rights claims which I have or which may hereafter accrue to me against the DSRPC, the match director and the range officers and the range owner (and their respective agents, officials and employees). Any and all damage, which may be sustained by me directly or indirectly in connection with, or arising out of, my participation in or association with the DSRPC, or travel or return from the event.
I agree for myseld and my successors, that the above representations are contractually binding and not mere recitals, and that hould I or my successors assert my claim in contravention of this agreement, I or my successors shall be liable for the expenses (including legal fees) incurred by the other party or parties in defending, unless the other party or parties are finally adjudges liable on such claim for willful and wanton negligence. This agreement may not be modified orally, and a waiver of any provision shall not be construed as a modification of any other provision herein or as consent to any subsequent waiver or modification.
PARENT or GUARDIAN of Minor (20 years old or younger): I, as Parent or Guardian of the above named minor, hereby give my permission for my child or ward to participate in DSRPC/DSYRC, and further agree, individually and on behalf of my child or ward, to the terms of the above. I agree that I shall be present when my child or ward, participates at DSRPC.
Gun Handling Rules
• Always keep the firearm pointed in a safe direction (usually pointed down range at the impact berm).
• Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
• Know your target and what is beyond.
• Be sure your firearm is safe to operate.
• Know how to use your firearm properly, and use only the correct ammunition for your firearm.
• Wear eye and ear protection.
• Never operate, handle, or carry a firearm while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
General Range Rules
• Determine if your range is HOT or COLD when you approach, and use appropriate procedures.
• Coordinate range use and procedures with your fellow shooters.
• On a COLD range all uncased firearms will be unloaded, safety engaged, and magazines removed.
• Use of Empty Chamber Indicators and/or bolt removal is encouraged when the range is COLD.
• Targets may only be paper, steel, or other material specifically designed for target shooting.
• Target backing for paper targets will be paper, cardboard, Coroplast, or similar material.
• When using paper targets, ensure all aimed shots impact the back berm or an intermediate berm
• Target frames will be wood, excepting steel target frames/stands.
• Target frames must place targets a minimum of 30 inches above the ground (paper and steel).
• Steel target supports must be angled/rounded to minimize ricochets back toward the firing line.
• Steel targets must be at least 1O yards from the firing line for handguns and 50 yards for rifles.
• All steel targets should be angled down to reduce the risk of ricochets back toward the firing line.
• Incendiary/tracer, armor piercing, explosive, and .50 BMG ammo is prohibited.
• Steel shot, bimetal, and steel core projectiles are prohibited with steel targets.
• Clay pigeons are only authorized on Range 1, and must be thrown manually.
• When the situation dictates, any individual may declare a Cease Fire. All shooters will immediately safety, clear and ground their firearms until the situation is resolved and normal operations can resume.
• Refer to the DSRPC Standard Operating Procedure for individual range rules and further guidance.
NOTE: Current membership card should be displayed on vehicle dashboard, hanging in windscreen, or displayed on person while using the DSRPC Range Complex.
By Signing this form, you are acknowledging that you have read, understand, and will follow the dsrpc sop.
All information is encrypted before being sent over the web. Your credit card will not be charged until your renewal is processed. If you do not wish to send your payment info over the web, you may call membership services at 702-642-9928 from 9am - 5pm M-F.
DSRPC will never give or sell your info to other parties.