Back on winter hours for the October match. Jim and Bill set up five stages, all ten rounds. Rapid fire and then slow fire on Stage One. 25 seconds to engage a single 250yd. target, five rounds. Then 2 minutes to engage ‘Gary’ at 250yds. five more rounds. From prone supported position.
Hit twice and move on Stage Two, with targets at 100, 200, 300 and 400yds. From sitting supported position.
A Nevada Sweep on Stage Three, with various shaped targets at 175, 150 and 225yds. Sitting unsupported.
Six pistol rounds to start Stage Four, at 20yd. target. Then from standing position, a ‘shoot-til-you-hit, shoot-til-you-miss’ scenario with targets at 150 and 200yds.
The tie breaker, Stage Five, started with the grenade pitch and then six pistol rounds at a 25yd. target. From sitting supported, another ‘shoot-til-you-hit, shoot-til-you-miss’ scenario. Five rounds at targets at 160 and 220yds. Move to prone unsupported, reload and repeat.
Possible high score of 69
|1||Joe Brennan||Czech Mauser VZ-24||8×57||58|
|2||Jack Michnovez||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||57|
|3||Will Robinson||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||56|
|4||James Daigle||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||54|
|5||Robert Fensterer||Springfield ‘03-A3||.30-06||53|
|6||Dale Sherrick||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||50|
|7||John Stoneman||Springfield ‘03-A3||30-06||49 (110.73 secs)|
|8||Dustin Sherrick||Springfield ‘03-A3||6.5×55||49 (181.70 secs)|
|9||Jon Zimmer||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||48 (99.74 secs)|
|10||Marty Bridges||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||48 (110.66 secs)|
|11||Troy Payne||Springfield ‘03-A3||.30-06||48 (179.89 secs)|
|12||Lou Panelli||Swiss K-31||7.5×55||47 (137.74 secs)|
|13||Miguel Quintanilla||Springfield ‘03-A3||.30-06||47 (140.80 secs)|
|14||English Andy||Yugo Mauser M-48||8×57||46 (124.88 secs)|
|15||Jim Drulensky||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||46 (??? secs)|
|16||Bill Brizzee||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||44|
|17||Gary Pfaff||Yugo Mauser M-24/47||.308||39|
|18||Steve Franks||Finn Nagant M-39||7.62x54R||38 (111.00 secs)|
|19||Keith Smith||Remington ‘03-A3||.30-06||38 (276.88 secs)|
|20||Christopher Galbreath||Enfield No.5 Mk.I||.303 Brit||36|
|21||Wayne Perry||Mosin Nagant M-91/30||7.62x54R||32|
|22||Richard Kolkoski||Finn Nagant M-39||7.62x54R||27|
|23||Klaus Thoma||???||???||12 (DNF)|
Great weather for this month’s match, with very light winds. A smaller turnout than usual. Several of our regular shooters were out of town. Five stages, all ten rounds.
- A Shooter’s choice on Stage One, engaging a medium 300yd. target from prone supported position. Fire five rounds and then a choice to move to a smaller target worth two points per hit for the other five.
- Alternating targets at 400 and 250yds. on Stage Two. From sitting supported position.
- A Nevada Sweep on Stage Three, with targets at 300, 225 and 180yds. Sitting unsupported.
- Two targets at 220 and 175yds. on Stage Four, from standing position.
- The tie breaker, Stage Five, started with the grenade pitch followed by six pistol rounds at a huge 12yd. target, shot from the hip. Then from any unsupported position, alternate targets at 220 and 160yds.
Possible high score of 64.
|1||John Stoneman||Springfield M-1||.30-06||47|
|2||Jack Michnovez||Springfield M-1||.30-06||43|
|3||Stephanie Weiss||Springfield M1A||.308||39|
|5||Bill Brizzee||Springfield M-1||.30-06||36|
|6||Dan Sullivan||Springfield M1A||.308||35|
|7||Jake Jacobson||Springfield M1A||.308||32 (106.01 secs)|
|8||Bobby Ramsay||Springfield M-1||.30-06||32 (164.01 secs)|
|9||Tony Dee||Springfield M1A||.308||31 (112.76 secs)|
|10||Jim Drulensky||Luxenbourg FN-49||.30-06||31 (116.64 secs)|
|11||Klaus Thoma||Springfield M1A||.308||30 (133.00 secs)|
|12||James Daigle||Springfield M-1||.30-06||30 (210.23 secs)|
|13||Gary Pfaff||Springfield M-1||.30-06||28|
|14||Steve Weiss||Springfield M-1||.30-06||27|
|15||Dustin Halstead||Springfield M1A||.308||26|
|16||Ken Ragan||Springfield M1A||.308||24|
|17||Jim Green||Springfield M1A||.308||23 (77.17 secs)|
|18||Lou Panelli||Canadian FAL||.308||23 (85.94 secs_|
|19||Joe Ball||Springfield M-1||.30-06||22|
|20||Adam Fadem||Springfield M-1||.30-06||20|
|21||Allen ???||Springfield M1A||.308||8|
This month was the ‘Not Quite Annual 7.62×39 Only’ match. Five stages, all ten rounds.
- Stage One, from sitting unsupported position, a Nevada Sweep with targets at 300, 200 and 120yds.
- A shooter’s choice on Stage Two. Five rounds at a large 400yd. target from prone position, and then a choice to move to a smaller target, two points per hit.
- Another shooter’s choice on Stage Three. From sitting supported, alternate between targets at 300 and 160yds. Choice of a larger or smaller 300yd. target.
- From standing position on Stage Four, sweep targets at 225, 180 and 150 yds.
- Blow up the ammo dump to start Stage Five, with two soda can grenades. (Thank you, Joe !)Then engage a 20yd. pistol target, six rounds. Then from any unsupported position, engage targets at 120, 150 and 220 yds. in a double tap Nevada Sweep.
Possible high score of 70.
|1||English Andy||Czech VZ 52/57||45|
|3||Lou Panelli||Russian SKS||42 (66.91 secs)|
|4||Dan Hong||SKS||42 (89.99 secs)|
|5||Steve Franks||AK-47||40 (84.48 secs)|
|6||Marty Bridges||Yugo SKS||40 (146.38 secs)|
|8||Ron Jacobson||SKS||37 (103.16 secs)|
|9||Bobby Ramsay||SKS||37 (223.25 secs)|
|11||Bill Brizzee||Yugo SKS||34 (136.99 secs)|
|12||Richard Trees||SKS||34 (170.06 secs)|
|15||Tony Ramirez||AK-47||23 (112.01 secs)|
|16||Wayne Perry||SKS||23 (164.73 secs)|