Not very favorable shooting conditions today frustrated a few with choice words during the match.
Sometimes wind flags were no use as bullets would impact opposite of the prevailing wind. We blame those shots on “Range Gremlins”.
Great weather for this month’s match, with very light winds later on. Five stages, all ten rounds. Snipers shot the same course of fire unless otherwise stated.
- A shooter’s choice on Stage One. From prone supported position, five rounds at a 300yd. target, then change to weak side. Shooter’s choice to continue at the same target, for two points per hit, or engage a larger 200yd. target for one point per hit.
- Sitting supported on Stage Two, engaging a 400yd. target until hit. Then one round at a generous 200yd. target. Repeat. No sight adjustment after the first shot.
- Alternate targets at 300 and 175yds. on Stage Three. From sitting unsupported position.
- A Nevada Sweep on Stage Four, with targets at 225, 200 and ‘Gary’ at 175yds. From standing position. Snipers could use any unsupported position.
- Stage Five, the tie breaker, started with the grenade pitch and then six pistol rounds at a 25yd. target. From any unsupported position, alternate targets at 160 and 220yds.
Possible high score of 64.
|1||John Stoneman||Springfield M-1||.30-06||56|
|2||Mac McAllister||JRA M-14||.308||52|
|3||Stephanie Weiss||Springfield M1A||.308||48|
|4||Justin Allred||Springfield M1A||.308||46|
|5||Bill Brizzee||JRA BM-59||.308||44|
|6||Jim Drulensky||Springfield M-1||.30-06||43 (108.25 secs)|
|7||Steve Weiss||Springfield M1A||.308||43 (110.82 secs)|
|8||Walt Robak||Springfield M1A||.308||43 (142.00 secs)|
|9||Dan Hong||SKS||7.62×39||38 (55.16 secs)|
|10||Christopher Galbreath||Springfield M-1||.30-06||38 (131.29 secs)|
|11||Dustin Halstead||Springfield M1A||.308||35 (54.62 secs)|
|12||Kyle Shalmy||MAS Mle. 48||7.5×54||35 (129.84 secs)|
|13||Keith Smith||Springfield M1A||.308||35 (148.23 secs)|
|14||Miguel Quintanilla||Springfield M-1||.30-06||34|
|15||Rich Dague||Springfield M1A||.308||33|
|16||Lou Panelli||Tokarev SVT-40||7.62x54R||31 (108.58 secs)|
|17||Dan Neely||FN FAL||.308||31 (149.71 secs)|
|18||James Daigle||Springfield M-1||.30-06||29|
|19||Tina Liang||Springfield M1A||.308||12|
|1||Jim Drulensky||Springfield ‘03-A4||.30-06||51 (145.39 secs)|
|2||John Stoneman||Springfield ‘03-A4||.30-06||51 (231.27 secs)|
|3||Klaus Thoma||Springfield M1A||.308||49|
|4||Mac McAllister||Springfield M-1D||.30-06||46|
|5||Steve Franks||Springfield M-1903||.30-06||42|
|6||Dave Neely||Romanian PSL||7.62x54R||30|
This was the ninth match of our season and were lucky again as far as the weather goes. It was sunny and cool for the whole match. Since it was Mothers Day we did a short two stage match to let everyone get home early. We had a good turnout and the match moved quickly and we finished up by 11:00am.
- The shooter started with a loaded Subgun and had to take out a series of partially obscured knockdown targets alternating between a dinger target.
- He then moved to position two and took out an assortment of steel dingers.
- The range was reset for the second run.
- No team event was held this month.
Don’t forget to check out and register on our website at www.vegasshooters.net for updates and photos.
Next month will be a Subgun only match and will be the last match before the Summer break. We may start earlier because of the heat. I will send out a notification prior to the match. Date will be 6/10/18. See you then.
|Ben Post||Cory||41.34||1st “A”|
|Erol Welshones||STEN||51.98||1st “A”|
|Mikayla Nebel||Beretta 12s||57.86||1st “B”|
|Dave White||Sterling||70.41||1st “C”|
|Matt Adams||UZI||53.27||1st “A”|
|Mikayla Nebel||Beretta 38/44 67.37|
|Erol Welshones||M16||78.29||1st “B”|
|Joe White||MP5||80.68||1st “C”|
|Mike Collander||M11||41.09||1st “A”|
|Irv Falkoff||M16||53.48||1st “B”|
|Tammy Collander||M11||74.76||1st “C”|
|David Mills||M11 Lage||84.76|