Great weather for this month’s match, with very light winds. Jim and Bill set up five stages, all ten rounds, starting with:
- Stage One. From prone supported position, engage a single 250yd. target, while not hitting ‘Gary’, the hostage. Minus one point for killing ‘Gary’.
- A complicated Stage Two. Basically a Nevada Sweep with targets at 100, 200 and 300yds, but punctuated with alternate shots at a 400yd. target. Two points for all 400yd. hits. Sitting supported.
- Sitting unsupported on Stage Three, alternating targets at 150 and 225yds.
- Stage Four started with six pistol rounds alternating between two 20yd. targets, and then from standing position, alternate targets at 200 and 150yds.
- Stage Five, the tie breaker, started with the grenade pitch and then six pistol rounds alternating between two targets at 25yds. Alternate targets at 200 and 160yds. from sitting supported position, and then reload and repeat from prone unsupported.
Possible high score of 70.
|1||Stephanie Weiss||Swedish MauserM-96||6.5×55||60|
|2||Dan Hong||Mosin Nagant M-91/30||7.62x54R||58|
|3||Klaus Thoma||Springfield ‘03-A3||.308||56|
|4||James Daigle||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||54|
|5||Jim Drulensky||Swedish Mauser M-96/38||6.5×55||53|
|6||Marty Bridges||Yugo Mauser M-48A||8×57||52 (114.20 secs)|
|7||Jack Michnovez||Enfield No.4||.303 Brit||53 (203.34 secs)|
|8||Joe Ball||Swedish Mauser||6.5×55||49 (120.63 secs)|
|9||Bill Brizzee||Finn Nagant M-38||7.62x54R||49 (123.89 secs)|
|10||Troy Payne||Springfield ‘03-A3||.30-06||49 (213.86 secs)|
|11||Bobby Ramsay||Swedish Mauser M-38||6.5×55||48|
|12||English Andy||Swiss K-31||7.5×55||47|
|13||Gary Pfaff||Remington ‘03-A3||.30-06||44|
|14||Walt Robak||Mauser K-98||.308||43|
|15||Dave Neely||Springfield ‘03-A3||.30-06||41|
|16||Wayne Perry||Mosin Nagant M-44||7.62x54R||40|
|17||Keith Smith||Remington ‘03-A3||.30-06||39|
|18||Jake Jacobson||Finn Nagant M-39||7.62x54R||37 (121.73 secs)|
|19||Lou Panelli||M-1917||.30-06||37 (146.19 secs)|
|20||Travis Lindsey||Chilean Mauser||.308||34|
|21||Richard Kolkoski||Finn Nagant M-39||7.62x54R||33|
|22||Christopher Galbreath||Spanish Mauser||.308||30|
|23||Dan Omerza||Mosin Nagant M-91/30||7.62x54R||28|
|24||Alan Olsen||Mosin Nagant M-91/30||7.62x54R||19|
Date(s) – 11 August, Saturday
8:00 am – 2:00 pm
Range 6 & 7
Event will be held at range: 6 & 7
Setup is at: 7:00am
Registration: 7:00am – 7:45am
Match begins at: 8:00am
Participants replicate marksmanship techniques used by military marksman. The match consists of approx. 10 rounds per stage of untimed and timed fire at each of the 5 stages, using prone, sitting and standing in both supported and unsupported positions. All targets are steel ( various sizes and shapes ) from 100 to 400 yards. Also, two stages will usually include a pistol with 6 rounds on each stage at ranges up to 50 yards.
Participants will use a pre-1955 standard military issue (or replica) bolt action rifle with open sights and pistol or revolver. A maximum of approx. 60 rounds for the rifle and 18 rounds for the pistol.