USPSA (United States Practical Shooting Association)
USPSA and IPSC shooting are the most popular forms of practical pistol competition worldwide. They emphasize speed, accuracy, tactical skill, and creative problem solving.
Shooters compete in six divisions:
Production: Double-action or striker-fired handguns, caliber 9mm or larger, with limited modifications. These are mostly carry guns, similar to the IDPA SSP division.
Revolver: Six-shot double-action revolvers with iron sights and unported barrels. Revolvers with higher capacity, optics, or ports can compete in Production or Open divisions.
Single Stack: Traditional 1911-style autos, with limited size, weight, and magazine capacity.
Limited: Autos with larger magazine capacities. Most modifications are allowed except ports, compensators, and optic sights.
Limited-10: Similar to Limited but with magazine capacity limited to 10 rounds.
Open: Pretty much anything goes. Open guns usually have huge magazines, optical sights, and compensators.
- USPSA matches are held on the 1ST and 3RD Sundays of the month.
- Five stages. The 3rd Sunday match usually includes one classifier.
- Up to 150 rounds of ammunition but bring 300 just in case.
- New shooters are welcome. You do not have to be a USPSA member.
- Sin City Shooters is a USPSA member club.
What You Need
- Eye and ear protection.
- A handgun, caliber 9mm or larger.
- Spare magazines, speed loaders / moon clips.
- Belt, holster, and magazine/speed loader/clip carriers.
- Water and sunscreen.
Match Starting Times
- For the winter, USPSA matches will start promptly at 9:00am.
- Registration will be from 8:00 am to 8:30am. Sorry no late registrations.
- For the summer, USPSA matches will start promptly at 8:30am.
- Registration will be from 7:30 am to 8:00am. Sorry no late registrations.
- $15 DSRPC members
- $20 Non-member
- $3 additional for USPSA classifiers
For more information go to: practiscore.com/clubs/sin-city-uspsa
or contact: email@example.com