The Thrifty People’s Benchrest is a .22 cal rifle match, created for both the experienced and non experienced rifle shooter using basic shooting equipment in order to introduce them to competitive shooting. Come out and join the fun at DSRPC on the second Thursday of each month.
- Match will be 2nd Thursday of the Month.
- Range 6 closed to Non-match shooters from 7:30am until Noon.
- The time frame should be 9:00am – 11:30am.
- Setup 8:00am.
- Safety meeting 8:50am.
- Shooting starts 9:00am.
All shooters must be signed up by 8:50AM safety meeting.
No one will be allowed to compete without being in the safety meeting. Sign ups will end at 8:49AM.
Rifle: Off the shelf .22 rifle. Price may not exceed $300.00. No modifications or upgrades of any kind, such as barrel or trigger. Bolt action, tub fed, single shot and mag, are all used in this match.
Scope: A scope may be used the price may not exceed $150.00. You may also use Iron sights.
Rests: Front rest may be a sandbags or bipods or a benchrest that does not exceed $200.00. Rear rest of any kind may be used but no vice.
Targets: 100 yard Hunter targets.
Distance: 50 yards.
- Ammo shall not be Match Ammo. If the box says match on it then that ammo is not to be used.
- Iron Sight rifles will be a separate class and are not subject to price rules
- 17 HMR rifles will have a seperate class if anyone wishes to shoot them. They are not restricted on price or mods.