- Stage 1: timed. Toss the hand grenade into the barrel from around 30 feet for a point and advance to the firing line for 10 rounds at a single target any unsupported position.
- Stage 2: Timed. Time begins with the first shot. 10 rounds at the “Gary” target at 250 yards. Shot prone supported by the log.
- Stage 3: Must hit. Targets at 400, 300 and 250 yards. Must hit 400 to move to 300; must hit 300 to move to 250. All remaining rounds at the 250 yard target. Two (2) point bonus for first shot hits. Shot from sitting supported.
- Stage 4: Shoot till hit, shoot till missed. Beginning with the larger target on the left, shooter fires until the target is hit then moves to the smaller target on the left and shoots until missed; then back to large target. Ten rounds shot from sitting unsupported position.
- Stage 5: Pistol and Rifle from standing unsupported position. Six shots from the pistol alternating from the larger target at 50 yards to the small target at 23 yards. Rifle shot 10 rounds at the single 175 yard target.
Possible high score of 62.
|1||Steve Franks||Schmidt Rubin K31||7.5×55||46 (89.23 secs)|
|2||Tony Dee||Yugo Mauser M-48||8×57||46 (119.29 secs)|
|3||Bill Harty||Swedish Mauser M-38||6.5×55||44 (133.84 secs)|
|4||Klaus Thoma||Springfield ‘03-A3||30-06||44 (175.57 secs)|
|5||Jim Drulensky||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||40 ( 99.85 secs)|
|6||Jim Green||Springfield ‘03-A3||30-06||40 (155.48 secs)|
|7||Miguel Quintanilla||Springfield 03-A3||30-06||34|
|8||Jon Zimmer||Schmidt Rubin K-31||7.5×55||33 (102.26 secs)|
|9||Rich Renzoni||Mosin Nagant M-91/30||7.62x54R||33 (109.89 secs)|
|10||Gary Pfaff||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||32|
|11||Travis Lindsey||Spriingfield ‘03-A3||30-06||31 (123.73 secs)|
|12||David Beck||Finn-Nagant||7.62x54R||31 (147.94 secs)|
|12||Andrew Willey||Schmidt Rubin K-31||7.5×55||31 (150.87 secs)|
|13||David Wadsworth||Springfield ‘03-A3||30-06||27|
|14||Richard Braithwaite||Yugo Mauser M-48||8×57||23|
A great day for the last match on winter hours. Jim and Bill gave us five ten round stages.
- The tie breaker, Stage One, started with the grenade pitch and then engage a 175yd. target from any unsupported position.
- A tough hostage/bad guy scenario on Stage Two, engaging a single 300yd. target. Bad guy: 2 points, hostage: –1. Shot from prone supported position.
- Alternating targets at 225 and 400yds. on Stage Three, with bonus points for 400yd. hits. No sight adjustment allowed, from sitting supported position.
- Sitting unsupported on Stage Four, with a Nevada Sweep at three 200yd. targets.
- Six pistol rounds at the dueling tree to start Stage Five and then from standing unsupported position, engage a single 175yd. target.
Possible high score of 74.
|1||Joe Brennan||Mauser CZ-24||8×57||52|
|2||Jim Drulensky||Springfield ‘03-A3||.30-06||44 (100.44 secs)|
|3||Spencer Stroyer||Finn Nagant M-39||7.62x54R||44 (103.29 secs)|
|4||Will Robinson||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||44 (147.83 secs)|
|5||Miguel Quintanilla||Springfield ‘03-A3||.30-06||43|
|6||English Andy||Yugo Mauser M-48||8×57||39 (104.81 secs)|
|7||Marc McDermont||Finn Nagant M-39||7.62x54R||39 (115.92 secs)|
|8||Jim Green||Springfield ‘03-A3||.30-06||39 (152.08 secs)|
|9||Jonathan Pyne||Enfield No.1 Mk.III||.303||38 (94.54 secs)|
|10||Gary Pfaff||Swedish Mauser M-38||6.5×55||38 (149.24 secs)|
|11||Klaus Thoma||Springfield ‘03-A3||.30-06||36|
|12||David Wadsworth||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||34|
|13||Steve Franks||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||31|
|15||Bill Harty||Swedish Mauser M-38||6.5×55||7 (DNF)|
A cold morning for this month’s match, which kept the numbers down a little. Jim and Bill set up five stages, all with ten rifle rounds, starting with:
- The tie breaker, Stage One. First the bayonet throw and then engage a single 175yd. target from standing unsupported position.
- A shooter’s choice on Stage Two, with a large and a small target at 275yds. Choose your target and engage from prone supported position. Bonus points for hitting the small target.
- Sitting supported on Stage Three, with ‘must hit’ targets at 400 and 300yds. Then all remaining founds on a 250yd. target. Two points for first shot hits at each distance.
- A head/body target on Stage Four, with bonus points for head shots. Engaged from sitting/kneeling position.
- Stage Five started with six pistol rounds, alternating 25 and 40yd. targets. Then from sitting supported position, engage a single 300yd. target.
Possible high score of 82.
|1||Joe Brennan||Springfield ‘03-A3||.30-06||63|
|2||Will Robinson||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||60|
|3||Steve Franks||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||59|
|4||Jack Michnovez||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||57|
|5||Matthew Brennan||Springfield ‘03-A3||.30-06||55|
|6||Bobby Ramsay||Swedish Mauser||6.5×55||53|
|7||Rich Renzoni||Mosin Nagant M-91/30||7.62x54R||47|
|8||Miguel Quintanilla||Springfield ‘03-A3||.30-06||41|
|9||Jim Coe||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||37|
|10||Bruce Henry||Finn Nagant M-39||7.62x54R||27|
|11||Bill Harty||Swedish Mauser M-38||6.5×55||25 (DNF)|
|12||David Wadsworth||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||21|
|13||Gary Pfaff||Springfield M-1903||.30-06||8 (DNF)|