Great weather for this month’s match, with very light winds. Jim and Bill set up five stages, all ten rounds, starting with:
- Stage One. From prone supported position, engage a single 250yd. target, while not hitting ‘Gary’, the hostage. Minus one point for killing ‘Gary’.
- A complicated Stage Two. Basically a Nevada Sweep with targets at 100, 200 and 300yds, but punctuated with alternate shots at a 400yd. target. Two points for all 400yd. hits. Sitting supported.
- Sitting unsupported on Stage Three, alternating targets at 150 and 225yds.
- Stage Four started with six pistol rounds alternating between two 20yd. targets, and then from standing position, alternate targets at 200 and 150yds.
- Stage Five, the tie breaker, started with the grenade pitch and then six pistol rounds alternating between two targets at 25yds. Alternate targets at 200 and 160yds. from sitting supported position, and then reload and repeat from prone unsupported.
Possible high score of 70.
|1||Stephanie Weiss||Swedish MauserM-96||6.5×55||60|
|2||Dan Hong||Mosin Nagant M-91/30||7.62x54R||58|
|3||Klaus Thoma||Springfield ‘03-A3||.308||56|
|4||James Daigle||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||54|
|5||Jim Drulensky||Swedish Mauser M-96/38||6.5×55||53|
|6||Marty Bridges||Yugo Mauser M-48A||8×57||52 (114.20 secs)|
|7||Jack Michnovez||Enfield No.4||.303 Brit||53 (203.34 secs)|
|8||Joe Ball||Swedish Mauser||6.5×55||49 (120.63 secs)|
|9||Bill Brizzee||Finn Nagant M-38||7.62x54R||49 (123.89 secs)|
|10||Troy Payne||Springfield ‘03-A3||.30-06||49 (213.86 secs)|
|11||Bobby Ramsay||Swedish Mauser M-38||6.5×55||48|
|12||English Andy||Swiss K-31||7.5×55||47|
|13||Gary Pfaff||Remington ‘03-A3||.30-06||44|
|14||Walt Robak||Mauser K-98||.308||43|
|15||Dave Neely||Springfield ‘03-A3||.30-06||41|
|16||Wayne Perry||Mosin Nagant M-44||7.62x54R||40|
|17||Keith Smith||Remington ‘03-A3||.30-06||39|
|18||Jake Jacobson||Finn Nagant M-39||7.62x54R||37 (121.73 secs)|
|19||Lou Panelli||M-1917||.30-06||37 (146.19 secs)|
|20||Travis Lindsey||Chilean Mauser||.308||34|
|21||Richard Kolkoski||Finn Nagant M-39||7.62x54R||33|
|22||Christopher Galbreath||Spanish Mauser||.308||30|
|23||Dan Omerza||Mosin Nagant M-91/30||7.62x54R||28|
|24||Alan Olsen||Mosin Nagant M-91/30||7.62x54R||19|
A good turnout for our first match on summer hours. Jim and Bill set up five stages and we were finished before the heat of the day. All stages were ten rounds.
- Stage One. From prone supported position, engage ‘Gary’ at 250yds.
- Sitting supported on Stage Two, with targets at 100, 200, 300 and 400yds. Engage until hit and then move to the next target.
- A Nevada Sweep on Stage Three, with targets at 225, 175 and 200yds. From sitting unsupported position.
- Six pistol rounds to start Stage Four, at a large 35yd. target. Then from standing position, engage targets at 175 and 225yds. Five rounds on each.
- Stage Five, the tie breaker, started with the grenade pitch and then six pistol rounds at a medium 25yd. target. From standing position, engage a 160yd. target, five rounds. Move to any unsupported position and engage a 220yd. target with five rounds.
Possible high score of 65.
|1||Jack Michnovez||Springfield ‘03-A3||.30-06||55|
|2||Joe Brennan||Chilean Mauser M-1912||.308||52|
|3||English Andy||Enfield No.4 Mk.I||.303 Brit||49 (109.55 secs)|
|4||Jim Drulensky||Springfield ‘03-A3||.30-06||49 (126.75 secs)|
|5||Bill Brizzee||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||48|
|6||Marty Bridges||Swedish Mauser M-38||6.5×55||47|
|7||Justin Allred||Ross M-1910||.303 Brit||46 (149.16 secs)|
|8||Bill Harty||Swedish Mauser M-38||6.5×55||46 (223.75 secs)|
|9||James Daigle||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||45 (173.47 secs)|
|10||Klaus Thoma||Springfield ‘03-A3||.308||45 (226.73 secs)|
|11||Daniel Sullivan||Swedish Mauser||6.5×55||41|
|12||Bobby Ramsay||Finn Nagant M-39||7.62x54R||40 (68.23 secs)|
|13||Dan Hong||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||40 (103.43 secs)|
|14||Joe Ball||Springfield ‘03-A3||.30-06||39|
|15||Mike O’Connor||Enfield No.4||.303 Brit||38|
|16||Steve Franks||Mosin Nagant M-91/30||7.62x54R||36|
|17||Wayne Perry||Mosin Nagant M-44||7.62x54R||34 (199.61 secs)|
|18||Robert Rousseau||Enfield No.4||.303 Brit||34 (239.06 secs)|
|19||Lou Panelli||Swiss K-31||7.5×55||32 (138.57 secs)|
|20||Gary Pfaff||Mauser||.308||32 (168.41 secs)|
|21||Travis Lindsey||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||32 (196.85 secs)|
|22||Richard Kolkoski||Finn Nagant M-39||7.62x54R||31|
|23||Ronald Jacobson||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||30 (131.93 secs)|
|24||Richard Trees||Springfield ‘03-A3||.30-06||30 (??? secs)|
|25||Mac McAllister||Springfield M-1903||.30-06||23|
|26||Quinn Taylor-Chont||Enfield No.4 Mk.I||.303 Brit||21|
|27||Alan Olsen||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||19 (193.01 secs)|
|28||Bruce Schad||Yugo Mauser M-48||8×57||19 (203.33 secs)|
|29||Ryan Martorella||Enfield No.4 Mk.2||.303 Brit||17|
It’s getting warmer out there, but Jim and Bill set up five quick stages, so we could beat the heat of the day. All stages were ten rounds and had a bonus point for a first shot rifle hit.
- The dreaded ‘Gary’ on Stage One. Ninety seconds to engage the target from prone supported position.
- Targets at 400, 300 and 200yds. on Stage Two. Engage twice and move. And back again. From sitting supported position. No sight adjustment after the first shot.
- Sitting unsupported on Stage Three, engaging targets at 225, 175 and 200yds. with a Nevada Sweep.
- Stage Four started with six pistol rounds at a large 35yd. target. Then from standing position, alternate targets at 215 and 175yds.
- The tie breaker, Stage Five, started with the grenade pitch and then six pistol rounds at a medium target. Alternate targets at 220 and 160yds from standing position and then repeat from any unsupported position.
Possible high score of 70.
|1||Mac McAllister||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||53 (127.33 secs)|
|2||Jim Drulensky||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||53 (154.83 secs)|
|3||Steve Franks||Finn Nagant M-28/30||7.62x54R||52|
|4||Bobby Ramsay||Finn Nagant M-39||7.62x54R||48|
|5||Troy Payne||Springfield ‘03-A3||.30-06||46|
|6||Stephanie Weiss||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||45 (125.08 secs)|
|7||Bill Harty||Swedish Mauser M-38||6.5×55||45 (209.37 secs)|
|8||Steve Weiss||Springfield ‘03-A3||.30-06||44 (111.21 secs)|
|9||Justin Allred||Enfield No.4||.303 Brit||44 (186.38 secs)|
|10||Klaus Thoma||Springfield ‘03-A3||.30-06||43 (189.41 secs)|
|11||Gary Pfaff||Swiss K-31||7.5×55||43 (204.97 secs)|
|12||Dan Hong||Mosin Nagant M-91/30||7.62x54R||40|
|13||Bill Brizzee||Swedish Mauser M-38||6.5×55||38|
|14||English Andy||Enfield No.5||.303 Brit||37|
|15||Jake Jacobson||Finn Nagant M-91/30||7.62x54R||36 (135.18 secs)|
|16||Miguel Quintanilla||Remington ‘03-A3||.30-06||36 (166.61 secs)|
|17||Robert Fensterer||Enfield No.4 Mk.II||.303 Brit||34|
|18||Richard Kolkoski||Finn Nagant||7.62x54R||29|
|19||Richard Trees||Mauser K-98||8×57||26|
|20||Robert Rousseau||MAS Mle-36||.30 cal||24|
|21||Ryan Marterella||Ishapore No.2A1||.308||20|