This was the eighth match of our season and were lucky as far as the weather goes. It was sunny and cool at the start of the match but the winds picked up before we finished. Overall it was not that bad. With this match we celebrated our twenty year anniversary with Me as match director for the machine gun discipline. This could not have been achieved without the never ending help from Jack and Jr. Wylie and my wife Jane who have given so much of their time and help over the years. I hope we will be able to continue for several more years. I also want to thank all of you guys who help with setup and teardown every month. We have a great bunch of guys. This was our annual Three Gun Match. We had a good turnout and the match moved quickly.
- The shooter started with a pistol and took out a plate rack.
- He then picked up a pre-staged shotgun and took out several clays before engaging the giant swinger. If the shooter got a full revolution on the swinger he received a 10 second bonus off his time.
- The course was reset for the second run with the subgun. The shooter had to engage an assortment of steel and clays along with a second plate rack.
- The giant swinger was also used with the same bonus if a full revolution was achieved with the subgun.
- No team event was held this month.
Don’t forget to check out and register on our website at www.vegasshooters.net for updates and photos. Some great video and photos were taken and I hope they are posted.
Next month will be a subgun only match. Date will be 5/13/18. Setup at 0800 and the match will start at 0900. See you then.
|Ben Post||Cory||31.14||1st “A”|
|Patrick Enright||UZI||19.08||1st “A”|
|John Wylie Jr.||UZI||30.94|
|Shawn McClelland||MP5||31.54||1st “B”|
|Mikayla Nebel||Beretta 12s||32.54|
|Erol Welshones||STEN||37.19||1st “C”|
|Erol Welshones||M16||25.25||1st “A”|
|Mikayla Nebel||MAB||47.45||1st “B”|
|George McAlpine||STEN||64.71||1st “C”|
|Matt Adams||MAX31||17.32||1st “A”|
|Mike Collander||M11||24.04||1st “B”|
|Tom Wright||MAX31||25.96||1st “C”|
This was the seventh match of our season and our luck ran out as far as the weather. It was cloudy and overcast at the start of the match, and then the rain started. We got wet, but then the showers stopped and we carried on.
This was our annual Belt Fed Bowling Pin Match. We had a good turnout and the match moved quickly. There were three main classes for this match. Belt Fed, Assault Rifle and Subgun. The match was very simple. Take out 25 bowling pins in the fastest possible time.
Don’t forget to check out and register on our new website at www.vegasshooters.net for updates and photos. Some great video and photos were taken and I hope they are posted.
Next month will be a THREE GUN match. You will need a Center fire pistol, a Shotgun with bird shot ONLY and a Subgun. Date will be 4/8/18. Setup at 0800 and the match will start at 0900. See you then.
|Ben Post||Cory||15.63||1st “A”|
|Ben Post||MP5||19.19||1st “A”|
|Joe Nicola||M11||66.00||1st “B”|
|Andy Wade||M16 9mm||97.35|
|Tom Wright||Max 31||97.64|
|Patrick Enright||MP5K||100.76||1st “C”|
|Tom Wright||M16||30.87||1ST “A”|
|Randy Lovstven||M16||80.06||1st “B”|
|Bill Brizzee||M4||138.63||1st “C”|
|Richard Jones||HK 63K||DNF|
|Etsuo Morohoshi||HK21||47.38||1st “A”|
|Dillon Wylie||MG 08/15||60.81|
|Mikayla Nebel||M249||68.56||1st “B”|
|John Wylie Jr.||MG08||73.48|
|Bill Brizzee||1919||92.80||1st “C”|
This was the sixth match of the season. This was our annual St. Valentine’s day Thompson Subgun match and required movement and magazine changes. We got lucky again with the weather. It was warm, clear and sunny with absolutely no wind. There was a special class included for all Thompsons.
- At the first stage the shooter started with a loaded Subgun and took out an array of heart shaped paper and steel targets.
- The shooter then moved to position 2 and had to shoot more steel targets and the giant swinger. If the shooter got a full revolution it was a ten second bonus.
- The shooter then moved to position 3 but had to engage another target between positions.
- The shooter then shot another steel array in the shape of a heart. You reloaded as necessary.
- The range was reset for the second run with all targets lined up in a row like that fateful day several years ago in Chicago.
There was no team event . We thank all you guys that helped setting targets and kept the match moving. Also I want to thank everyone who gives us a hand with setup and teardown.
Next month will be our annual belt fed bowling pin match. There will be 3 classes. Belt Fed, Full Auto Assault Rifles and Subguns. There will be NO MAGAZINE Restrictions so Drums are OK. All Sights are OK. No Restrictions. Date will be 03/11/18 at 0900. Setup at 0800.
Don’t forget to check out and register on our website at www.vegasshooters.net for updates and photos. Jr. also set up a Face Book page for us, so you can check that out also. It is a private group so contact Ben Post or Jr. to get signed up.
|Ben Post||MP5||37.69||1st “A”|
|Mikayla Nebel||Beretta 12S||44.59||1st “B”|
|Matt Adams||UZI||51.97||1st “A”|
|Mikayla Nebel||Beretta 38A||68.14||1st “B”|
|Irv Falkoff||Buzzy||29.48||1st “A”|
|Ben Post||MP5||20.77||1st “A”|
|Mike Collander||MAX 11||38.65||1st “B”|
|Matt Adams||Lage 31||40.69||1st “C”|
|Joe White||Mac 10 Lage||51.73|
|Tony Dee||M1A1||48.58||1st “A”|
|Joe Nicola||1928||73.50||1st “B”|
|Joe White||1928||88.42||1st “C”|