Great weather for this month’s match, with virtually no wind. Five stages, all ten rounds. Snipers shot the same course of fire unless otherwise stated.
- ‘Shoot-till-you-hit, shoot-till-you-miss’ on Stage One. Targets at 300 and 200yds. From prone supported position.
- From sitting supported position on Stage Two, engage a single 400yd. target. No sight adjustment after the first shot.
- Sitting unsupported on Stage Three, engaging a single 300yd. target, with ‘hostage’ targets on each side. Minus one point for every hostage hit, no negative scores.
- Alternate targets at 225 and 200yds. on Stage Four, from standing position. Snipers engaged the 225yd. target only, from any unsupported position.
- The grenade pitch started Stage Five, the tie breaker. Then alternate pistol targets at 20 and 35yds., six rounds. From sitting supported position, alternate targets at 160 and 220yds.
Possible high score of 59.
|1||Walt Robak||Springfield M1A||.308||42 (100.64 secs)|
|2||John Stoneman||Springfield M-1||.30-06||42 (124.05 secs)|
|4||Jim Drulensky||Springfield M1A||.308||40|
|5||Marty Bridges||Springfield M-1||.30-06||38|
|6||Jake Jacobson||Springfield M1A||.308||36 (69.24 secs)|
|7||James Daigle||Springfield M-1||.30-06||36 (113.24 secs)|
|8||Miguel Quintanilla||Springfield M1A||.308||34|
|9||Stephanie Weiss||Springfield M1A||.308||32|
|10||English Andy||Argentinian FN-49||.308||30 (78.60 secs)|
|11||Steve Weiss||Springfield M-1||.308||30 (116.87 secs)|
|13||Tom Wright||Springfield M-1||.30-06||23 (76.32 secs)|
|14||Bruce Henry||Springfield M-1||.30-06||23 (175.38 secs)|
|15||Robert Thomas||Springfield M-1||.308||19|
|16||Lou Panelli||CETME C308||.308||16|
|1||Joe Brennan||Argentinian Mauser M-1907||.30-06||48 (194.13 secs)|
|2||John Stoneman||Springfield ‘03-A4||.30-06||48 (201.04 secs)|
|3||Jim Drulensky||Swedish Mauser||6.5×55||46|
|4||Marty Bridges||Mauser K-98||.308||42|
|5||Jim Green||Swiss K-31||7.5×55||38|
|6||Jake Jacobson||Swiss K-31||7.5×55||34|
|7||Richard Trees||Swiss K-31||7.5×55||30|
|8||Wayne Perry||Swedish Mauser||6.5×55||18|
Well we started off in the 40 with a little wind, and once again we had the great mirage. As you can see, Stan and Ron were neck and neck all the way to the end, but Stan got Ron by one point. Ron thought he should have won because he had more X’s. Too bad soo sad that’s not the way it work’s!
Hope to have more shooters next month, don’t forget any rifle and scope to shoot the Ground Hog match, except 50 bmg’s. Come on out and have some fun, we are always looking for new shooters!
–Howie Match Director
This was the sixth match of the season. This was our annual St. Valentine’s day Thompson Subgun match and required movement and magazine changes. We got lucky again with the weather. It was warm, clear and sunny with absolutely no wind. There was a special class included for all Thompsons.
- At the first stage the shooter started with a loaded Subgun and took out an array of heart shaped paper and steel targets.
- The shooter then moved to position 2 and had to shoot more steel targets and the giant swinger. If the shooter got a full revolution it was a ten second bonus.
- The shooter then moved to position 3 but had to engage another target between positions.
- The shooter then shot another steel array in the shape of a heart. You reloaded as necessary.
- The range was reset for the second run with all targets lined up in a row like that fateful day several years ago in Chicago.
There was no team event . We thank all you guys that helped setting targets and kept the match moving. Also I want to thank everyone who gives us a hand with setup and teardown.
Next month will be our annual belt fed bowling pin match. There will be 3 classes. Belt Fed, Full Auto Assault Rifles and Subguns. There will be NO MAGAZINE Restrictions so Drums are OK. All Sights are OK. No Restrictions. Date will be 03/11/18 at 0900. Setup at 0800.
Don’t forget to check out and register on our website at www.vegasshooters.net for updates and photos. Jr. also set up a Face Book page for us, so you can check that out also. It is a private group so contact Ben Post or Jr. to get signed up.
|Ben Post||MP5||37.69||1st “A”|
|Mikayla Nebel||Beretta 12S||44.59||1st “B”|
|Matt Adams||UZI||51.97||1st “A”|
|Mikayla Nebel||Beretta 38A||68.14||1st “B”|
|Irv Falkoff||Buzzy||29.48||1st “A”|
|Ben Post||MP5||20.77||1st “A”|
|Mike Collander||MAX 11||38.65||1st “B”|
|Matt Adams||Lage 31||40.69||1st “C”|
|Joe White||Mac 10 Lage||51.73|
|Tony Dee||M1A1||48.58||1st “A”|
|Joe Nicola||1928||73.50||1st “B”|
|Joe White||1928||88.42||1st “C”|