A great day for shooting this month. Cool to start, but with very light winds. Five stages, all ten rounds. Carbines shot the same course of fire, unless otherwise stated, at reduced distances.
- Shooter’s choice on Stage One. Engage a single 300yd. target. One point per hit from prone supported position, two points from sitting unsupported. Carbine target at 200yds.
- Stage Two. From sitting supported position, alternate targets at 400 and 250yds. Carbines at 250 and 150yds. No sight adjustment after the first shot.
- A shoot-til-you-hit scenario on Stage Three, at a single 300yd. target. Then one round at a large 150yd. target. Repeat. From sitting unsupported position.
- Alternating two targets on Stage Four, at 225yds. Carbine targets at 175 and 125 yds. From standing position.
- Stage Five, the tie breaker, started with the grenade pitch and then six pistol rounds at a medium 20yd. target. Then shooter’s choice again. Engage a single 160yd. target from sitting unsupported position, one point per hit. Or engage a single 220yd. target from standing position, two points per hit. Carbine shooters had to engage the ‘Bugsy Siegel’ flapper target at 75yds. One point for a hit, two points for the flapper.
Possible high score of 79.
|1||English Andy||Springfield M1A||.308||53|
|2||Marty Bridges||Springfield M-1||.30-06||38 (89.08 secs)|
|3||John Stoneman||Springfield M-1||.30-06||38 (132.00 secs)|
|4||Dustin Sherrick||Springfield M-1||.30-06||38 (203.00 secs)|
|5||Daniel Wirig||Beretta BM-59||.308||37|
|6||Marshall Wirig||FN FAL||.308||35|
|7||Walt Robak||Springfield M1A||.308||34|
|8||James Daigle||Springfield M-1||.30-06||33|
|9||Mac McAllister||Springfield M-1||.30-06||32|
|10||Justin Allred||Springfield M1A||.308||31|
|11||Lou Panelli||Springfield M-1||.30-06||29|
|12||Ken Ragan||Springfield M1A||.308||28 (84.04 secs)|
|13||Spencer Wirig||JRA M-14||.308||28 (90.00 secs)|
|14||Jim Green||Springfield M1A||.308||27|
|15||Jay P Wirig||FN FAL||.308||21|
|16||Mark W Jackson||M-14||.308||19|
|17||Justin Wirig||JRA M-14||.308||18|
|19||Dustin Wirig||FN FAL||.308||8|
|20||James Flore||Springfield M-1||.30-06||5 (DNF)|
|3||Mac McAllister||55 (48.77 secs)|
|4||Lou Panelli||55 (55 secs)|
|6||Justin Allred||44 (58.70 secs)|
|7||Richard Kolkoski||44 (133 secs)|
|11||English Andy||38 (69.64 secs)|
|12||Marty Bridges||38 (75.00 secs)|
This was the Third match of the season. This was a Subgun and Rifle match and required movement and magazine changes. We got lucky again with the weather as it was perfect. It was overcast and absolutely no wind.
- At the first stage the shooter started with a loaded Rifle and took out 8 steel targets in a specific order alternating back and forth.
- He then picked up a loaded Subgun and moved to position 2 and took out another line of targets in the same order as position one.
- Moving again the shooter then engaged another array of steel and knockdowns in the same order.
- You reloaded as necessary. The range was reset for the second run.
There was no team event . We thank the guys that helped and kept the match moving. The new classes now include “Optic”, “Stock”, “.22” and “Unlimited”. Also I want to thank everyone who gives us a hand with setup and teardown.
Next month will be a Subgun only match. Date will be 12/10/17 at 0900. Setup at 0800.
Don’t forget to check out and register on our website at www.vegasshooters.net for updates and photos. Jr. also set up a Face Book page for us, so you can check that out also.
|Dan Enright||UZI||92.42||1st “A”|
|John Wylie Jr.||UZI||97.17||1st “B”|
|Jack Wylie Sr.||UZI||125.93|
|Gabe Siniscal||S&W 76||140.56||1st “C”|
|Mac McAllister||M16 9mm||144.02|
|Al Siniscal||S&W 76||492.60|
|Mac McAlister||MP40||126.65||1st “A”|
|Robin Lancaster||MP45||145.97||1st “B”|
|Ben Post||Cory||76.99||1st “A”|
|Ben Post||MP5||71.63||1st “A”|
|Matt Adams||M11 Lage||91.32|
|Irv Falkoff||MP5||95.16||1st “B”|
|Joe White||Mac 10 Lage||147.12|
|Randy Lovstuen||Mac 10 Lage||DNF|
A bit of a light turnout for this month’s match. Jim and Bill set up five stages, all ten rounds maximum, starting with:
- Stage One. From prone supported position, engage a single 150yd. target with five rounds in less than 25 seconds. Then engage a single 300yd. target, slow fire.
- Sitting supported on Stage Two, with targets at 400, 300 200 and 100yds. Engage twice and move. Last two rounds back at 400yds.
- A Nevada Sweep on Stage Three, with targets at 150, 200 and 250yds. From sitting unsupported position.
- Six pistol rounds at a 35yd. target to start Stage Four. Then from standing position, alternate targets at 150 and 250yds.
- Stage Five, the tie breaker, started with a double grenade pitch, and then six pistol rounds at a 20yd. target. Five rounds from standing position at a 160yd. target, and then five more at a 220yd. target from prone unsupported position.
Possible high score of 67.
|1||Mac McAllister||Swiss K-31||7.5×55||54|
|2||Jon Zimmer||Springfield ‘03-A3||.30-06||51 (??? secs)|
|3||Steve Franks||Swiss K-31||7.5×55||51 (??? secs)|
|4||English Andy||Enfield No.4 Mk.I||.303 Brit||50 (109.55 secs)|
|5||Jim Drulensky||Remington ‘03-A3||.30-06||50 (138.20 secs)|
|6||Bill Brizzee||Swedish Mauser M-38||6.5×55||49|
|7||Joe Brennan||Ishapore No.2A||.308||47|
|8||Walt Robak||Mauser K-98||.308||45|
|9||Jack Michnovez||Enfield No.4 Mk.I||.303 Brit||44|
|10||Gabriel Siniscal||Springfield ‘03-A3||.30-06||42 (103.16 secs)|
|11||James Daigle||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||42 (104.32 secs)|
|12||Charlie Pittman||Springfield ‘03-A3||.30-06||42 ( ??? secs)|
|13||Klaus Thoma||Springfield ‘03-A3||.30-06||38|
|14||Travis Lindsey||Swedish Mauser M-38||6.5×55||36 (146.74 secs)|
|15||Bruce Henry||Schmidt Rubin M-1911||7.5×55||36 (169.88 secs)|
|16||Jake Jacobson||Persian Mauser||8mm||36 (200.05 secs)|
|17||Richard Trees||Chilean Mauser||7×57||32|
|18||Robert Rousseau||Swedish Mauser||6.5×55||30|
|19||Al Siniscal||Springfield ‘03-A3||.30-06||28|
|21||Mitch Fadem||Arisaka Type 44||6.5×50||15|