This was the eighth match of our season and the weather was very different for Las Vegas. They were calling for rain but we got lucky. It drizzled a little when we were setting up but was overcast and pleasant with no wind until we finished and then it started drizzling again. Overall we got lucky and stayed dry. We had a light turnout with only a few brave souls for our annual Three Gun Match.
- The first stage was for the Pistol and Shotgun. Shooter started at the low ready position with a loaded pistol and took out a plate rack.
- He then picked up a pre-staged loaded shotgun and moved to another position and took out clay and steel targets in an alternating manner.
- The range was set for the Subgun portion. Shooter started with an empty Subgun.
- On signal to begin the shooter loaded the gun and took out a plate rack.
- Moving and reloading went to another position and took out poppers and another plate rack.
- Moving and reloading again to a third position took out steel poppers and a clay bird as a stop target.
Shawn did an outstanding job after getting some borrowed equipment to cooperate and took “A” Class Open for his first overall win. Nice Shooting. We did not do a team event as the weather was turning bad and didn’t want to push our luck.
Don’t forget to check out and register on our new website at www.vegasshooters.net for updates and photos.
Next month will be a regular Subgun match and will be on Mother’s day so plan accordingly.
Date will be 5/8/16. Setup at 0800 and the match will start at 0900. See you then.
|Shawn McClelland||MP5||47.04||1st “A”|
|Irv Falkoff||M16 9mm||56.68||1st “B”|
|Mikayla Nebel||Beretta 12||63.81|
|Lee Chavez||MP5K||65.44||1st “C”|
|John Wylie Jr.||UZI||66.06|
|Jack Wylie Sr.||UZI||68.82|
|Andy Wade||M16 9mm||83.20|
|Dave White||MP40||61.46||1st “A”|
|Joe White||UZI||65.46||1st “B”|
|Joe Nicola||MP5||87.10||1st “C”|