A cold morning for this month’s match, which kept the numbers down a little. Jim and Bill set up five stages, all with ten rifle rounds, starting with:
- The tie breaker, Stage One. First the bayonet throw and then engage a single 175yd. target from standing unsupported position.
- A shooter’s choice on Stage Two, with a large and a small target at 275yds. Choose your target and engage from prone supported position. Bonus points for hitting the small target.
- Sitting supported on Stage Three, with ‘must hit’ targets at 400 and 300yds. Then all remaining founds on a 250yd. target. Two points for first shot hits at each distance.
- A head/body target on Stage Four, with bonus points for head shots. Engaged from sitting/kneeling position.
- Stage Five started with six pistol rounds, alternating 25 and 40yd. targets. Then from sitting supported position, engage a single 300yd. target.
Possible high score of 82.
|1||Joe Brennan||Springfield ‘03-A3||.30-06||63|
|2||Will Robinson||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||60|
|3||Steve Franks||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||59|
|4||Jack Michnovez||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||57|
|5||Matthew Brennan||Springfield ‘03-A3||.30-06||55|
|6||Bobby Ramsay||Swedish Mauser||6.5×55||53|
|7||Rich Renzoni||Mosin Nagant M-91/30||7.62x54R||47|
|8||Miguel Quintanilla||Springfield ‘03-A3||.30-06||41|
|9||Jim Coe||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||37|
|10||Bruce Henry||Finn Nagant M-39||7.62x54R||27|
|11||Bill Harty||Swedish Mauser M-38||6.5×55||25 (DNF)|
|12||David Wadsworth||Swedish Mauser M-96||6.5×55||21|
|13||Gary Pfaff||Springfield M-1903||.30-06||8 (DNF)|