Thursday, May 3rd, 6:30pm, at the DSRPC Clubhouse
All attendees must present their membership card and photo ID.
The DSRPC Bylaws Committee has proposed changes to the club’s bylaws.
If you have any questions concerning the changes, come to the next General Membership Meeting.
To the Membership: There have been complaints about the manner in which candidate eligibility was recently determined. We might not agree on everything but I know that the entire Executive Board has the Club’s best interests at heart. Many members do not know the Bylaws as well as the Board, which has to deal with them on a daily basis. The Board and the Membership will adhere to the Bylaws. If you feel that they are not just, submit your amendments to the Bylaws Committee, and go through the proscribed amendment process. Those who attend the general meetings know where I stand: Good or bad, DSRPC will operate in accordance with its Bylaws; we live by them until they are changed in an orderly manner.
Regarding the 2018 nominations of Martha Antonio (Sargent at Arms) and Wally Pinjuv (Vice President). The DRSPC bylaws state the following regarding nominations for elected office:
Article VI, Paragraph 4 (Elections), a (Nominations), 10:
Article VI, Paragraph 4 (Elections), b (Executive Board), 1 thru 3:
2. Must have attended a minimum of (60%) of the general membership meeting during the previous 12 calendar months (March-February). General membership meeting attendance credit will be applied to any member who performs club service at the direction of the Executive Board with five affirmative votes from the board. These duties include but are not limited to range orientation seminars basic rifle course. The member will receive credit for having attended one general membership meeting for every four hours of assigned duty. The Executive Board will assign the duties and document the hours served. The documentation will be forwarded to the Secretary and applied to member’s 60% eligibility requirements if applicable.
3. Nominee for Chief Instructor must provide proof that he or she is a current NRA Certified Instructor.
- Neither member attended a minimum of (60%) of general membership meetings.
- Both performed club service known only by select member(s) of the Executive Board.
- The Executive Board did not direct or assign the duties performed by the nominees.
- There is no evidence either member received the required five (5) affirmative votes from the Executive Board.
- Both members did not meet the minimum requirements making them eligible to run for an elected office.
Based on the facts above, and following DSRPC bylaws, the Secretary has declared both candidates ineligible to run for elected office.
Arlan Levitan – Qualified per Article VI Paragraph 4 (b.2) of Club bylaws.
Walter Pinjuv – Does not qualify based upon Article VI Paragraph 4 (b.2) of Club bylaws.
Sargent at Arms
Martha Antonio – Does not qualify based upon Article VI Paragraph 4 (b.2) of Club bylaws.
Andrew Maline – Qualified per Article VI Paragraph 4 (b.2) of Club bylaws.
Kevin Swope – Qualified per Article VI Paragraph 4 (b.2) of Club bylaws.
Range 4 will be open 7 days a week starting April 1st.
Range 4 is a handgun only range. Please read the Range Rules Posted Here or as posted in the message center in front of the Clubhouse. Enjoy the range and be safe!
Effective July 1st 2018, all Match Directors are required to be an NRA certified RSO and also hold a current CPR/AED certification.
May 12th, 2018 • Boat House
Setup: 7am • Open 8am to 2pm
- Cost per table will be $10.00 ea. Tables can be purchased at the Range Security Office.
- Space is limited – First Come, First Served.
All Firearms Must Be Unloaded and Zip Tied By Security.
For answers to Your Frequently Asked Questions click the “Read More” button below.
If you would like to place your email address on the Newsletter Pilot Program recipient list, please print out and complete THIS CONSENT FORM and mail it to:
Desert Sportsmans Rifle & Pistol Club
11700 W. Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas, Nevada 89135-1575