The DSRPC Bylaws Committee has proposed changes to the club’s bylaws.
If you have any questions concerning the changes, come to the next General Membership Meeting.
Thursday, June 7th, 6:30pm, at the DSRPC Clubhouse
All attendees must present their membership card and photo ID.
The DSRPC Executive Board has the following vacancies:
- Executive Range Officer
Pursuant to the bylaws, nominations for, and election of, candidates to these open positions will be done at DSRPC’s June 2018 General Membership Meeting.
Regarding the 2018 nominations of Martha Antonio (Sargent at Arms) and Wally Pinjuv (Vice President). The DRSPC bylaws state the following regarding nominations for elected office:
Article VI, Paragraph 4 (Elections), a (Nominations), 10:
Article VI, Paragraph 4 (Elections), b (Executive Board), 1 thru 3:
2. Must have attended a minimum of (60%) of the general membership meeting during the previous 12 calendar months (March-February). General membership meeting attendance credit will be applied to any member who performs club service at the direction of the Executive Board with five affirmative votes from the board. These duties include but are not limited to range orientation seminars basic rifle course. The member will receive credit for having attended one general membership meeting for every four hours of assigned duty. The Executive Board will assign the duties and document the hours served. The documentation will be forwarded to the Secretary and applied to member’s 60% eligibility requirements if applicable.
3. Nominee for Chief Instructor must provide proof that he or she is a current NRA Certified Instructor.
- Neither member attended a minimum of (60%) of general membership meetings.
- Both performed club service known only by select member(s) of the Executive Board.
- The Executive Board did not direct or assign the duties performed by the nominees.
- There is no evidence either member received the required five (5) affirmative votes from the Executive Board.
- Both members did not meet the minimum requirements making them eligible to run for an elected office.
Based on the facts above, and following DSRPC bylaws, the Secretary has declared both candidates ineligible to run for elected office.
Arlan Levitan – Qualified per Article VI Paragraph 4 (b.2) of Club bylaws.
Walter Pinjuv – Does not qualify based upon Article VI Paragraph 4 (b.2) of Club bylaws.
Sargent at Arms
Martha Antonio – Does not qualify based upon Article VI Paragraph 4 (b.2) of Club bylaws.
Andrew Maline – Qualified per Article VI Paragraph 4 (b.2) of Club bylaws.
Kevin Swope – Qualified per Article VI Paragraph 4 (b.2) of Club bylaws.
Range 4 will be open 7 days a week starting April 1st.
Range 4 is a handgun only range. Please read the Range Rules Posted Here or as posted in the message center in front of the Clubhouse. Enjoy the range and be safe!
Effective July 1st 2018, all Match Directors are required to be an NRA certified RSO and also hold a current CPR/AED certification.
If you would like to place your email address on the Newsletter Pilot Program recipient list, please print out and complete THIS CONSENT FORM and mail it to:
Desert Sportsmans Rifle & Pistol Club
11700 W. Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas, Nevada 89135-1575